This is the first ever guest post on this blog. It was written by Gagandeep Singh in response to the Tokyo Tap campaign post post. Gagandeep is working as SEO Consultant for Miami web design Company. I had to accept this post not only because it is in line with the ongoing World Water Week but also because it is simple and straight to the point. Enjoy!
The 20 simple tips to save water are as follows:
- Stop Leakage of water from taps. Around 30 liters of water is wasted by a slow dripping tap in 24 hours.
- Use the minimum amount of water needed for bath.
- Don’t waste dirty water .You can use that dirty water to water your plants.
- Water your garden during early morning or late evening so as to reduce the evaporation.
- Wash vegetables and fruits in Bowl rather than washing them under tap.
- Don’t leave the tap open while brushing you teeth or shaving.
- Wash clothes only when there is full load.
- Consider using a car duster to remove dust instead of pressure hose.
- Avoid installation of fountains and other ornamental water features.
- Prefer broom instead of sprinklers to clean your sidewalks and streets.
- Don’t flush the toilet unnecessarily and use toilet paper as much as possible.
- Try to cover your swimming pool when not in use to reduce evaporation.
- Upgrade older toilets with water efficient models.
- Try to use Commercial car wash service which recycle water.
- Promote the conservation of water with posters and media.
- Use Dip irrigation method for irrigation purposes.
- Install a rain sensor system on irrigation to save water while its raining.
- Teach your children to turn off your faucets tightly after each use.
- Implement rainwater harvesting systems to collect rain water and use it in future.
- Choose shrubs and groundcovers instead of turf for hard-to-water areas such as steep slopes and isolated strips.